Thursday, July 15, 2010

(1) in Daily


















It was 8 weeks (From the beginning of May until The end of June) I went through those study program. I joined almost all of the activity (which I could join and My profesor ask me to joined) at Neurosurgery(NS) Departement, Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University, Japan.

There were so many members compare with NS dept. in my hospital here (Kariadi). 1 professor, 7 staff of NS, and lot of NS residents (around 11-12 peoples) . Coincidentally, These departement was A kind of International outlook departement, some of international students became NS resident, one from Nepal, and one from Indonesia and from Colombia. I was the first student for this studentexchance program there. English is not the one of requirment for this program. (since language and writing were the paramount problem to study in Japan). so I didn't need to study Japanese languange in serious way.. hehe

Prof. Kazunori Arita was my professor. He was is one of famous Neurosurgeon in Japan (especially in Adenoma case). For me, he like my father and my great teacher at once.
He asked me to make a study about intraoperative MRI(iMRI) during my program. So everyday, beside attended to NS departement activity, I studied about that (iMRI and some patients case using iMRI).

Generally, In my opinion, we were left behind too far, the educational systems, the health insurrance systems, bla bla bla, and especially the Technology..
In braveness, I can use analogy that currently, for cooking, we still used fire-wood stove, but they had used digital&electric stove..
ironic, right? but I don't have competency to talk about our (trouble) country, yet..

I think, this program really work for me, i got very lot of experiences and it open my mind in all side. And I hope I can comeback to study here. Amiin.

Overall I love Japan (for study, and for life, there)
=]

*I am sorry for bad english, I know my grammar is miserable. hehe
*oya, u can see in some photo image , they taken in University Hospital, Kagoshima.

1.iMRI
2&3. Studying with other med.students
4. microsurgery tryning
5. The proffesor's teaching about imaging
6.farewell party with NS staff, secretaries, and students.
7. w/ Prof.Arita & Oyosi sensei (my mentor)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site manusia-kamil.blogspot.com
Is this possible?

kamil said...

yap, ofcourse.. why not...
=]

thanks in advance